Wednesday, June 11, 2008

DAY OFF!!!

Well it's a 8 a.m. Wednesday morning. I have all the beds stripped and some laundry going. Getting ready to do the dishes, scrub the bathroom, deep clean my couch cushions and re-plant some begonias. I know it does not sound like much fun, but I can tell you I'll enjoy every minute of it. Why you ask, because my ass is at home!!!! I've been covering Robyn's vacay and my house has paid the price. Although Justin has pretty much kept up with the laundry, which I do appreciate, but ladies we all know it takes a lot more than a load of laundry here and there. When they do a load of laundry you'd think they'd laid a damn golden egg. What is the deal with that? Justin gets all bent out of shape when I come home and some laundry is done and I don't say "Wow babe, thanks so much for doing the laundry. I love when you fold my clothes and they come out all wrinkled. What a treat. You are the BEST." Um, I'm sorry but no one ever says anything to me when I clean the whole house and make sure dinner is on the table. Really girls, I'm not bitching, I really find serious humor in that crap.

I am excited about our new projects (as if we don't have enough of those as it is). The hubcap found some bikes on craigslist last night. He called the guy and went and checked them out. He bought 3 vintage bikes. They are not the trikes I was hoping for, but the guy knows another guy that has some old Boeing trikes for sale. So we may hook up with that guy soon. Here they are. They definitely need some work. The black one (ya know, the best looking one) is Justin's. The two blue ones (ya know, the two that look the worst) are mine. I think it will be a lot of fun to tinker with these and get them looking cool. I'm wanting to do some pinstripe, skulls and a horn. Whatcha think??

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather, I know exactly what you mean. My husband is a doll, but when he vacuums and empties the trash that we need a drum roll. I'm with you I love being at home and getting my house in order. Enjoy the day off and have a great time with the bikes.

Jaime said...

Congratulations on the bikes. I especially love the banana seat. Have fun on your day off. I love taking a day to get the house in order. I'm jealous.

El Bee said...

I can see you riding along on the one w/the basket. I love it. I also LOVE staying home and cleaning the house. I HATE getting home from work and cleaning house. Luckily, that boy I live with, does just as much house work as I do. The only thing he won't do is fold laundry...I will come home to a huge mound of clean laundry on the sofa. :)

Rockyn Robyn said...

thats exactly the style of bike I want for my birthday!! Basket and all!!

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean. Men think they need a pat on the back for anything they do around the house. We of course are just expected to do everything. I hope you are enjoying your day off and I hope you got a lot done.

chitknit said...

Good to know it's not only my husband that does that!

Linda said...

Hope you enjoyed your day off Heather! You CERTAINLY deserved it.

Love the bikes. We're bikeless right now, so it's time for us to find some too.

As far as the hubby and housework, girls I am damn lucky because mine loves to cook and clean. However, I do the laundry. We can never find anything when he does laundry. He finished it this past weekend when the rest of us went to KC and he stayed home, and I found one of Kaitlin's bras in my drawer. Oh well, ya gotta love 'em!

Country Girl said...

who gets the banana seat? you or gage?? i still remember my first... it was called the prairie flower. a beaut she was.