Okay this has to be quick. I've got to get ready for the "happiest place on earth." Not much has been going on. I just wanted to post something so that you know I'm still here. Just kinda been down in the dumps.
Last week I was doing MY job and also covering Celebrations while Jen was in Key West (not jealous one bit). I'm great at multi-tasking, but I told myself ALL week that I was going to really screw something up. Well boy did I. I ran the same picture in two different obits. That was the start of my dumpiness. I really had a hard time with it. I know I'm human, but I just can't believe I missed that one. I called one of the daughters and apologized and cried and cried some more. I felt like a big a55hole. Anyhoo...it's over now and I'm trying to let it go.
Well this week I was going to try Mediterranean food for the first time. I mean I've had hummus before, but not much of anything else. I always hear such great things about it, so figured I'd give it a try. Well Monday, Christina and I head over to Byblos. It's not open (maybe that should have been a sign). So we headed over to Riverside Cafe. Got the tuna salad and it twas okay. But we both had our hearts set on the Mediterranean cuisine. So then yesterday we decided we would go to N & J. We got a combo platter thingy and a Greek salad. Loved my salad, but you guys can go ahead and keep all the other stuff. Just not a fan. No big deal. I prefer a little more flavor in my food.
Well Friday will be the last day of three very cool chicks with a combined 71 YEARS of service at the Bird. I'm gonna miss them. They have a thankless job and nobody knows HOW much they do, but they sure as hell will next week. We will be hitting Margaritas after work on Friday for their last day. So folks formerly of the bird UNITE. Join them for a toast to their life outside the "nest."
Saturday will be the day I come home with that Harley Nightster that I registered to win. Yes, it WILL be mine. We have to meet at the Best Western Red Coach Inn (airport) of all places. I'm telling ya the party better be in that Wright Brothers Bar. I'm gonna need a drink after I win that thing. You know, a little something to calm the nerves. ;o)
Okay, this was not as quick as I expected. Things just kept flying out. Oh, oh, oh one more thing. I may have to give up the Black Crowes concert for Bruce Springsteen. He's coming to KC. I love me some Boss. It reminds me of my childhood. All my family loved Bruce and they listened to him religiously whenever we had family get togethers, which back then was A LOT!!!! I still emember those days. My cousins and I were waitresses, while the adults played poker. We made quite a chunk of change fetching beers. Good times.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Quickie
Posted by Heather rules at 7:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I have a very good feeling about you and the Harley Nightster.
wish i had some wise words to cheer you up. maybe you could just start wearing your happy apron to work. Think of it this way at least your life has been blessed by knowing these women and your friendships can continue. There is life outside the Bird - thank God! Sending you hugs and prayers for the bike.
Thanks ladies. I'm with you Jaime. I'm feeling it too. hehe
so wish i was going to be there friday for the big bird send off!
Good luck with the Harley - fingers crossed - not that you need it.
girl... i was just telling my dad yesterday that he needs to spring for a pair of tix for the boss cuz my stepmom LOVES him. not sure my dad would be up for it, but i could always be ticket #2. i'd be down with that. did i mention she loves him so much she was front row nine months pregnant rockin' out? Yeah... heavy duty fan. :)
I'd love to see the Boss too!
Good luck on the Harley...sending good karma your way.
Hope to see you Friday night.
Well I was at Rob Zombie and Korn when I was nine months pregnant with Gage. Not near the front, but I WAS THERE. Could explain his love of HARD rock music.
You know I haven't been on this thing forever so I'm getting caught up. Thanks again for helping me out while I was on vacation!!! You are the best.
Post a Comment