Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm a little late


Here is Gage's first day of school pic. His shorts, shirt and backpack are covered in skulls. He's too cool.

Thought it was about time I posted something else besides the great concert last week. I had a really bad day at work yesterday. The day was going really well. I was all caught up at about 4:15 p.m. Then I had a family come in at 4:30!!! Little history...between 4 and 5 p.m. it's balls to wall in the obit dept. The family was very particular and took up an HOUR in my office. That means I could not answer my phone, I could not send proofs, I could not work on anything BUT their obit. I had about 20 obits that were faxed in and about 15 in my inbox all while the family was in my office, which means I could not get to them until 5:30 p.m. I'm going to have to speak with the funeral home that sent them in and let them know that CANNOT happen again. If a family would like to deal directly with me, they need to be there by 2 p.m. It was just nuts. Needless to say, I did not get home until after 7 p.m.

Today is a new day and I'm ready for it. And can I just say this weather has been so great. With the mornings being so cool, I've had a massive craving for chili. I bought all the stuff for it over the weekend and will make it at some point this week. Hopefully before Saturday when the temps are going to be closer to 90. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm kinda ready for fall.

8 comments:

Rockyn Robyn said...

I don't know how you do it without crying. I would have flipped the hell out. I had four different families in on Sat, including one that coming back all day to change stuff and that alone freaked me out. You must have some serious balls to not have come unhinged!

Heather rules said...

Why in the hell would they come back in? Ya know that little invention called, oh what is it, THE F'ING TELEPHONE!!!! Sorry, I probably sound really cold right now, but man yesterday was a little much for me. BTW - I almost did cry. I went out and smoked a quick cig and then I was okay.

Country Girl said...

oops, i mean FH

Linda said...

wondered why you were still there at 7pm! What a crock!

BTW, love Gage's picture! I just love those first day of school pics! Not sure the kids do, but maybe they will appreciate it someday.

jenny said...

Way to coordinate, Gage! What a great looking kid!

Ugh...7pm is an awful day...so sorry. Hope today is going much better!

Jennifer Lacy said...

did you know i used to write the obits at the daily oklahoman. Yep, obits and wedding announcements - it sucked! i feel your pain!

Love the skulls - we have the same thing only in pink!

Chris said...

Um, weren't you just complaining about six months ago that you wanted warmer weather? Yep, it's my job to remember that kind of thing :-) And I am really sorry about your day. I can totally feel your pain.

Peggy said...

I'm sorry you had such a sucky day. I think those have been going around lately :-)

Yeah to the cooler weather. I am so ready for fall.