Tuesday, February 5, 2008

BAD Day, GOOD Night

I knew Monday would be a bad day. I stayed up too late on Superbowl Sunday. I was invited to the Advertising Awards Banquet Monday night at the Eaton Steakhouse. It was my first time ever being included and as many jokes as I've made about it, I am proud to be a part of it and was looking forward to celebrating my success. I had to stay on top of everything at work so I would get out of there in a timely manner. Well, around 11:30 a.m. I went out to my car and was gonna go grab a light lunch. I looked down and what do you know, a DAMN FLAT TIRE!!! Well Justin took the day off and I called him. Well he did not get up to work to look at it until like 3:30. He went to Shively and they did not have my tires (low profile, special import crap). He then went to Wal-Mart and it was a three hour wait. Then went to Bosley's.. $200 later we had a tire. He came and put it on at 5:45. The banquet was at 6 p.m. He had to go home, shower and get his funeral/wedding/cruise outfit on and get his butt up there. Social "hour" was 30 minutes and dinner was being served at 6:30. He made it at 6:40. Way to go babe. And he looked so good! I will try and post a pic later. The food was good. We had Prime Rib, loaded baked potatoes, asparagus, salad, rolls and the biggest piece of chocolate cake ever and oh my gawd it was pure heaven. Well gotta get going. I'll try to post a pic of Justin looking daper and a pic of my award. Hey, I'm proud damn it!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be proud! You rock! WE rock! :-)

Country Girl said...

you are da bomb diggity

Rockyn Robyn said...

where's those pics of your stud muffin!??

Heather rules said...

well nicole took a pic of justin & i but i have not seen it yet. ;o(