Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I wish...

I could live at the lake. Justin & I could quit our jobs and get some gig working at restaurant for some cash. It could work. Really. It could! Okay, I'm dreaming. I am so happy and relaxed out there. I LOVE it. Our four days were super. We (Justin, myself, Gage and his best friend, Shay) got out there Thursday and had sandwiches for dinner. We went on bike rides, we swam, we laughed and we enjoyed ourselves. Of course, Friday it rained ALL flipping day. It took me 2 1/2 hours to cook breakfast out in the rain in my poncho. I still laughed all the way through it. Then when I realized the rain was not gonna stop, I figured I'd go on in the camper and watch a movie. Well we couldn't remember the code for the PS2. So Justin, being the great hubcap that he is, ran into town, which he enjoyed, so he could use his own bathroom (dude has issues ;o)) and got the code. He called me with it and I watched "Reign Over Me." The sound was not that great, but I still just laid around all day. It finally cleared up and we rode our bikes and took the kids to play at the park. Our friends Jeremy, Richelle and their girls, Hayleigh and Ashleigh came out Friday night. Then Saturday, Josh, April and their girls, Olivia and Natalie brought their boat out. We ate a lot and played "hillbilly golf." Good times!!!

The ol' glow stick in the water bottle trick.
April mastering "Hillbilly Golf"
More "Hillbilly Golf"
Josh and Natalie at the swim beach
Gage and Justin at the swim beach
Sleepy Gage
Sleepy Shay
The night before these last two pics, I went to bed and Justin took them on a late night bike ride. They almost ran into a skateboarder AND a skunk and they grilled pizza at 2 a.m. The last two pictures sum it all up. Those two boys were EXHAUSTED!!!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Linda said...

Looks like a good time was had by all!

Jennifer Lacy said...

that looks so much better than my lake trip! of course, you didn't have the talent show.

Peggy said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time.