I'm now addicted to the new show on A&E. The Cleaner stars Benjamin Bratt (muy caliente), who after kicking a heroin habit makes a pact with God to help others overcome their addictions. He and his employees are totally underground. They are not listed in the phone book, people who really need him, just happen to find him. Last night's episode "Meet The Joneses" was excellent. It involved a typical suburban soccer mom type (the ladies I love to hate) who was oh so perfect. She was perfect due to her Oxy Contin addiction. She called it "mommy's little helper." Along with a group of other "perfect" moms they ran a prescription drug ring. All of them "doctor hopping" and each one taking turns paying upwards of $4000 a month to keep the supply flowing for the small group of friends. The husband of the main mom knew something was up with his wife and he found The Cleaner. It took total rock bottom for her to get help at the end. If you love Intervention, you'll like The Cleaner.
Now I'll talk about an addiction that I've had for awhile. It's TMZ.com. I cannot help myself. I know a lot of it is just terrible stuff about celebrities, but I LOVE IT. I have a serious obsession with all that is pop culture. I can't wait to log on and see what all Harvey Levin and staff have dug up for me to read today. Yesterday I logged on and much to my surprise, I found out that Willie Ames from Charles in Charge is filing bankruptcy. Okay, now I'm not surprised at that, however I'm in total shock that Mr. Ames now lives in Kansas!!!!! So the two JoCo girls that read this blog keep your eyes open for Slick Willie. He's up in your area. If you do happen upon him, could you please get his autograph and send it to me? Thanks!
Now this is not an addiction, but it is a problem. I've been suffering from insomnia for awhile now. I just deal with it. I don't want to take some medication where I get up in the middle of the night, drive to a Quik Trip to get some Iced Tea and then end up in Olathe searching aimlessly for Willie Ames. Monday night/Tuesday morning I woke up and watched Indecent Proposal. I forgot how much I liked that movie. But I tell you I'd rather be sleeping peacefully. I usually wake up between 2:30 and 3:30 and cannot go back to sleep. I toss and turn and usually give in and get up and watch re-runs of Roseanne (which is one of my favs). My mind starts going into overdrive and I can't stop thinking about things. UGH! Anyone else have this problem?
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
My addictions...
Posted by Heather rules at 7:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Word! I love me some Benjamin Bratt, and I am LOVING the cleaner. Does he not look his hottest in this series?! Yummmmmo.
I have a problem that is opposite insomnia. I can't seem to get enough sleep. As far as Willie Ames...I LOVE HIM! Maybe I'll drive up to JoCo and have a look around for him. I've got a little time on my hands.
First of all, I love TMZ.com too! I check it out every day, and I even read all the legal papers from Willie's bankruptcy yesterday. Wonder how he ended up in Johnson County?
Sorry to hear about your insomnia. I stay up until 12:30 or 1, so I'm ready for sleep after that. And I rarely wake up before the alarm goes off.
WOW - i have ben having that exact same proposal and ironically i believe it started with another a#e show - The first 48! My mind starts racing and then a marathon comes on and I am watching and thinking and thinking and watching- it's a vicious circle!
I rarely go a week with a whole nights sleep - my mind never relaxes enough. Tried drinking wine and it seems to make it worse. If you find a fix let me know and I'll do the same!
I was wondering about The Cleaner...I will have to check it out!
i'm diggin' the cleaner too... and benjamin bratt... i'm with rockyn -- YUM-O. O. O. :)
for your insomnia... i recommend braum's peanut butter cookies.
I'm going to have to remember to watch The Cleaner!!
Don't have that problem recently but I know who would be up should you not be able to get back to sleep! LOL
Post a Comment