Monday, July 14, 2008

Rock River Rapids

Rock River Rapids
Gage and Shay


Friday night Gage had his buddy Jacob stay the night. Saturday Gage got to go to Jacobs for a birthday sleepover. Justin & I hit the town Saturday night. Went down to the car show and walked around. Stopped in to see 366 Images at Oeno. Then walked to the Alibi and ran into Deb G. and Steve. Talked with them quite awhile. Justin & I don't get out that much, so it was really nice.


Sunday I went along with Jacob's mom and 6 kids to Rock River Rapids. We do not allow Gage to swim unless Justin or myself are going to be there. Sorry, I know that may seem a little crazy, but I have a "thing" with kids and water. Totally freaks me out. I can't relax and am a nervous wreck. I'm sure it drives Gage crazy too, but it's just something he'll have to deal with. We got there about 2 p.m. and then at 4 p.m. someone comes over the loud speaker saying "there has been an accident in the children's pool. Everyone needs to get out and it will be about 30 minutes." It was a friggin floater. Someone actually POOPED in the pool. WTH???? I really liked the place and I did enjoy myself, but it is a little like Chuck E. Cheese. NO ONE watches their children. It BAFFLES me. Stupid idiotic people.


Looking forward to my three day work week. I'm off Thursday and Friday and we are heading out to El Dorado Lake. It will be great. Justin got the camper all ready yesterday. Whoot-Whoot!

And as you can see I'm posting photos. Unfortunately, they are from our old crappy camera. Still have not found my camera. I'm tempted to drive to Springfield and look for it myself. It's at her house SOMEWHERE. Ugh.

7 comments:

Bets said...

I don't think you're crazy at all for wanting to be there!

Everytime I go to my friend's pool, there is a mother who comes with her 6-year-old son. She basically drops him off and then walks off to find a shady place so she can talk on her phone for 2 hours! This of course, leaves the rest of the adults there to supervise and discipline him ... which we do ... because he is out of control! Arg!

Who does that?

Heather rules said...

Crappy a55 parents, that's who!!!

Rockyn Robyn said...

Oh, my damn. A floater. That looks like a fun place, though....I do love me some water parks....do they have a lazy river?!

jenny said...

I am the same way about kids and water - freaks me out too. Probably will never have a pool because of it. And gotta tell you, JL's lake pics have made me nervous too...maybe I need a drink. RRR is fun though!!! Always amazed myself on little supervision goes on.

Heather rules said...

yes, they have a lazy river and it is poop-free.

Linda said...

Your poop story reminds me of Caddyshack (though it ended up being a floater candy bar - HA!)...

I agree about the swimming though. I don't even like my teenagers to swim without supervision! How bad is that?

And if I was you, I would drive back to Missouri and find your camera. IT HAS TO BE THERE SOMEWHERE!

Linda said...

p.s. ENJOY YOUR DAYS OFF - YOU DESERVE THEM!