Saturday, May 3, 2008

My day in pics....

Just got home about an hour ago from our long day. Sitting here drinking a beer and watching the "Kirk Rundstrom Band Live at the Fisch Haus" special on KPTS. GOOD STUFF!!! It was one of his last performances before cancer took his life. Life cut WAY too short.
We had a great day. Justin, Gage & I sat out for Dewey, Okla. for the "Stray Kat Kustom" car show. It was a little road trip for us. Get out of town for the day and just enjoy ourselves. God knows I need it. I wanted to stop in Ark City and see Lori and Dusty, but they were on their way to Monett, Mo. Sorry I missed you chick-a-dee. I'll get down there again soon. ;o(


This was the first car that caught my eye. Can you spot why?

HERE IS THE REASON. I heard someone call it the "mother-in-law" seat. Tee Hee. Too cool!

I heart the flame job on this bad boy.


This was one of my favs! Wicked paint job. It looks so tough. I can see myself driving this. It's not a '68 Pontiac Firebird (my dream car), but it will do.

Justin liked this one. It was cool, but I'm not really digging the red tinted windows.

On the way home from the car show, we stopped in Winfield at their park. If you've never been, you should check it out. It is a very well-kept, beautiful park.

Gage was so happy we stopped and let him enjoy the day. He never really has that great of a time when we go to car shows. He only enjoys car shows when Grandma Jackie and Papoo are there. That way he can get cotton candy, lemonade, hot dogs, popcorn and whatever his little heart desires. My parents attend A LOT of car show. They have a beautiful '65 Pontiac GTO.

Here's our little monkey.

Then we got pulled around the park by a horse. $1 a ride. BARGAIN!

This is NOT the horse.
The actual horse is in front of the cowboy.

Art in the park. I thought the sun shining on it was so pretty.

And this cross...breathtaking. I have another picture that I took of this and it looks like there is a face in the middle of it. Thought maybe I'd post it on ebay.

Here's my finale. A pretty little waterfall.
WHAT A GREAT DAY!

9 comments:

Linda said...

looks like you had a great "getaway" day - I know you needed it. Love the pics from the park!

jenny said...

What an amazing day! Loved the reflective cross and had no idea about the park in Winfield - thanks for the tip. Once it stops being winter I have a place to road trip!

Country Girl said...

sounds like a great day -- and you got some super pics!! the pic of you and gage is so sweet.

chitknit said...

Looks like a really nice day!

Rockyn Robyn said...

OH MY GOSH WHAT A GREAT DAY THAT MUSTA BEEN!! LOOOOVE THE CASKET CAR!!!

El Bee said...

I'm so glad you had a good weekend. Looks like you guys had a great time. Island Park in Winfield is pretty cool. At Christmas it's all decorated and everyone drives through to see all the displays.

Chris said...

Those are awesome pics, Heather. It sounds like a great day for everybody!

Unknown said...

where is the park in Winfield? Love the waterfall.

Heather rules said...

Peggy - When you take K-15, it's on left right as you are pulling into town. VERY nice park.