Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I survived St. Pat's

The day started off with the Blarney Breakfast. It was a really great time. The kids (my nieces, Shyann and Brooke and el bubba Gage) enjoyed themselves, as did I. It was our first time attending and it will now become a new tradition to add to my St. Pat's Day. Justin said he would start taking off to attend that as well. It benefits Rainbows United. Our dearest friends, April and KC's son, Tyson attends Rainbows schools. Gage was really happy when he saw a sign at our table that said "Your donation just bought toys for classrooms." So he can't wait to tell April and KC that we bought toys for Tyson's class. If you have never been to this event, you should strongly consider it. It was awesome.

I stopped in at Seneca St. Bar and Grill for my traditional green beer. The waitress tells me they are OUT! WHA??????? It's St. Patrick's DAY! She said everyone started partying Friday night. And this is my fault, WHY??? I wanted to tell her that someone needed to run down to Dillons and buy some blue food coloring and get this party started. I kept myself in check though and drank a Miller Lite draw. Ended up finally getting a green beer at Applebees of all places. I also finally got to try their new Citrus Teryaki boneless wings. YUM! Came home about 2 p.m., got a pot of chili going and relaxed. It was a great day. Hope everyone had a great day too.
Can I just say posting photos on here really gets on my last nerve! It's not a great way to start out the day.


3 comments:

Country Girl said...

we need to hit applebee's for lunch... in the very near future :)

Chris said...

So glad you finally got that long-awaited green beer. You'd been waiting, like, a year since you'd had one. They should not be allowed to sell green beer until the day before St. Patrick's Day!

Linda said...

cute pic of the kids. I've always wanted to go to that breakfast and never have. Maybe next year!

And I agree about posting pics. They sure don't make it easy.