Had a great weekend. Saturday I woke up, made breakfast and headed out to the Goodwill where my sister works. It's up in snottyville, so I figured I might find some cute clothes, given away by people who don't appreciate the stuff they have. Christina lives in snottyville, so she met me there. (Note - Christina SHOULD NOT live in snottyville). I ended up finding a shirt, but put it back. I'm so LOW MAINTENANCE. I could not bring myself to spend $2.50 on a shirt. I swear I amaze myself sometimes.
After Goodwill, I took my sister home. She has lived in Maize for over 6 months now and this was the first time I've seen her place. Her and I spent a couple hours chatting, which was nice. I miss my sister. We are just two totally different people. She is working, so that a step in the right direction. I hope she continues to do well. We really need each other right now, with the way things are between our mom and dad.
I grilled a pork loin Saturday night for din din and it was yummy. I used the Famous Dave pork rub. I highly recommend it.
Sunday we had a birthday party for Glenn and Kristi's daughter, Carly. It was nice because I got to buy girly gifts. I got her a braclet making kit and a Barbie kite. We didn't stay long because we had a date with Justin's 87 year old grandma. Justin's mom made a pot of stew, cornbread and apple cobbler. We played Skip-Bo and had a great time. We used to have Sunday dinners at my house, but life tends to get busy sometimes and we forget what is important. We are going to start back up the tradition. I needed all that laughter.
Hope everyone is enjoying this weather and gets used to the time change as soon as possible.
Lyrics....
"On the floors of Tokyo, Or down in London town a go, go. With the record selection and the mirrors reflection..."
Monday, March 10, 2008
Weekend's over
Posted by Heather rules at 7:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
nw snottyville isn't near as bad as ne snottyville ;)
did you know that oregano means "joy of the mountain"? yep... that's what rachael just said... YUM-O!
love you mucho!!
by the way... i really miss sunday dinners with the fam. tara and i have talked about doing that... we should really get started on that... taking turns at whose house to have it.
I fricken LOVE the Goodwill! I shop there often. Did you know they have $1.10 day every so often? I'll be sure and let you know when the next one is. Usually it's the Saturday before a holiday. We have a really nice Goodwill at Anodover Rd. & Kellogg. I would LOVE to meet you there sometime.
sounds like a fun weekend. At least the weather was nice on Sunday! I've been by the Goodwill in snottyville but never been there...maybe someday I'll stop in.
by the way, no clue on the lyrics!
$1.10 will be at the one on Maize this Saturday.
Clue on the lyric? I have no idea....
By the way - that school from HS Confidential is about a half-mile from my house (but it's not where I teach.)
Didn't see the first show, but I plan to watch the rest.
Lyric clues - The artist appeared in the "Wedding Singer" and the song was recently re-made and used as the opening song for "LA Ink"
Um, Rebel Yell?
If so, GREAT CHOICE.
;-P
Ok, time's up. It's "Dancing With Myself" by Billy Idol.
Dang. So close.
;-P
Post a Comment