We have had a very busy weekend. It started with Final Friday. Justin and I had a friend that had some work at Blank Page Studio. We hit there first and bought one of his paintings. Very very cool. Then we went to Monica's Bundt Cake for the Airbrushing Guild. I was a little disappoionted in the selections and lack of room in that place. Then we stopped in a Lucky's for a beer. It was a nice little date night for him and I.
Saturday got up made breakfast and went to go get my niece for her first tattoo. It was a graduation/birthday gift. We gave her the option of getting a tattoo, paying for her senior pictures or getting her a "makeover" for her prom. She choose the tattoo. Imagine that! If she was smart she would have choosen the senior pics. They would have been WAY more than the tattoo. Crazy girl! She did really well, but is hating the healing process. I told her it was going to suck. We got to the tattoo shop at noon and there were already a gang of people in there. We filled out the paperwork and were told that it would be anywhere from 4 to 5 hours before they could get her in. Well that stunk because Justin, Gage and I had reservations with the Houstons at SUMO at 5:30. So I had no idea how Brooke was going to get to the tattoo shop and get this done. We were not going to cancel the reservations or the tattoo. It all worked out in end. We went to eat and after we got done, we ran home got Brooke and rushed to the shop. We were outta there by 10:15 p.m. It was a long day. I was a little bummed that we could not hang out with the Houstons last night. Earlier in the week I figured we could hang out after dinner and maybe play some Cranium or something, but we had to leave them behind. SORRY CHRISTINA! (You know I love you more than my luggage).
Here are some photos from our wild weekend. This morning has been spent lounging around, watching Rock of Love and playing some Guitar Hero. It's been nice. It's 1:20 p.m. and I'm still in my jammies. That is VERY rare for me. It feels good though.





5 comments:
First of all, let me say your niece has GUTS! As do all of you who go through the pain of getting tattoos! Cute pic of you girls. Corby and I are headed to Sumo sometime in the next few weeks...
brooke's tattoo turned super cool :)
i had sumo leftovers for breakfast. nothing like garlic fried rice at 9am!
I loved all your stories about your tattoos. How did she pick this one? Does it symbolize anything in particualr?
Justin drew it up for her. It's a form of her zodiac sign, Aries.
What a great aunt! And giving her support while she gets it! So Sweet.
Post a Comment