Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My little reader

Gage is such a reader. He has been reading since the age of three and started reading Harry Potter at age five. He is way ahead of his class in the reading catagory. They tested him this year and he reads at a seventh grade level. Everyday he is moved to fifth grade for reading time. Justin read to him while he was in the belly and worked with him constantly and still does. I have a great husband and an even better dad. Justin does not read a lot. I used to but it's hard to find the time. I'll pick up a book and can't put it down as long as it's something that grabs me. I love non-fiction. I read a lot of autobiographical stuff and true crime. Here are a couple of pics of some of the books he loves.

"The Weenies" series


"Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series. A third book is on the way. YAY.

We got these books yesterday at the book fair at school and he has already finsihed them.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Love it that Gage is a reader! I couldn't do without my books. Since you like true crime books, have you read any by Ann Rule?

Heather rules said...

oh, yeah. read a lot of stuff by her.

Rockyn Robyn said...

ADORABLE, that kid.

Country Girl said...

has he read captain underpants yet?

Heather rules said...

yes, he sure has.

jenny said...

I wish he could convince Quinn to read more - she just doesn't like to read. However, she loves the captain underpants books that christina mentioned. Kudos to Gage!