ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!
Weekend was very low key. We didn't do anything Friday night. I grilled a pork loin and made some green beans. Justin has been working overtime on Saturday's. He's been going in at 5 a.m. and getting off at 9 a.m. So we don't do too much Friday night. I did laundry all day Saturday. Went and got some beer and made a big batch of enchritos and some Spanish rice and Sean, Kim and their kids, Levi and Sam came over and we watched the KU game. YAY! Sunday Justin met with a friend from junior high. He has not seen him in years. Jeff contacted me via myspace because I saw a picture of Justin. They met for lunch yesterday. Jeff and his wife are counselors for the homeless. That seemed a little strange just from the stories I have been told when they were younger. I guess they were a bunch of hellraisers. He eneded up attending Hesston College and then graduated from Bethel. Justin said it was real good to get caught up with him. Myspace is so cool when it comes to reconnecting with old friends. Anyhoo...we also had a regular Skip-Bo meeting with Grandma. I made pork chops, scalloped potatoes, green beans and rolls. YUM!
Oh yeah, and the neighborhood crack head visited my house again this weekend. That deserves a post all to itself. Maybe tonight.
Lyrics....
Father, father, We don't need to escalate. You see, war is not the answer. For only love can conquer hate. You know we've got to find a way, to bring some lovin' here today...

2 comments:
AHHHH! One of my top five all time favorite songs. It's definitely on the playlist of my life.
We're off to play trivia tonight - you'll be with us in spirit!
I love that song and artist too! You gonna guess it Jill?????
Post a Comment