Lauren & Brooke (Before the night went terribly wrong)
Proud 31 year old Aunt Heather & BrookeI totally got to relive my youth last night. It was prom night for my niece Brooke. Her and her friend, Lauren were going together. They looked so great. I took lots o' pictures before they left for their big night. We headed over to April and KC's house to smoke some pork and my cell phone rings. It was Brooke and she was crying and saying she was not going to go to the prom now. I guess Lauren had made some bad "decisions" before they got there and ended up having her mom come and pick her up from Towne East parking lot. WTH!!!! I was PISSED. I told Brooke to meet me at my house and I would go to the prom with her. So I left April and KC's, ran home, put my awesome polka dot black dress on, threw my hair up in a bun and we headed to the Beech Activity Center. Of course there was only one hour left. When we got there the lady working the door said they were not letting anyone else in. I almost started crying and I said "Listen, you don't understand. The friend that was supposed to come with her made some decisions tonight. I at least want her to be able to walk in and maybe dance a little bit." I think the lady knew how much this meant and she let us in. We danced to a few songs and even got the cheesy prom pictures taken. When she gets those back I'll be sure and post one. hehe. I really did have a great time and was so happy that she got to at least enjoy at little bit of it. I know all about regret when it comes to prom. It's no secret, I HATED HIGH SCHOOL, but I have always regretted not going to prom. I finally got to go to the South High prom, even if it was 13 years later. ;o) I did feel a little silly, but who cares. It was fun.
For my lyric challenge, I'm am using my sister's prom theme song (because I have no idea what South High Class of 94's was)....
Tonights the night well make history, honey, you and I. And Ill take any risk to tie back the hands of time

14 comments:
Well, its Styx, but I don't want to steal Linda's thunder so I'll say no more!
You are to awesome, Heather. I also think, after reading this, that Gage has no idea what a hella-cool mom he can look forward to having in his high school days to come!
and stay with you here tonight... - paradise theatre baby rocks ASS!!
and YOU, my friend, are THE coolest most KICK ASS aunt (and friend) EVER!! you rock.
Well, you all read the blog before me, so I couldn't post first. Here at the P-A-R-A-D-I-S-E!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heather, you are such a good aunt to take her to the prom! I'm sure Brooke will remember it for the rest of her life.
No one has named the song yet. Come on Linda, name that tune!!
I still can't believe you have a kid that age. This is a terrific blog Heather.
The song is "The Best of Times" and no, I didn't have to look it up.
Adam -
Good Lord, that's not my kid. It's my niece. I got started early, but not THAT early. ;o)
Oh man! I feel so stupid! Plus now I'm remembering that you have a young son, not a daughter, right?
Plus I stole Linda's thunder with the Styx song ... Linda, I don't know you but I am sorry!
What a disaster ... guess I'll just go away now!
Adam you can stay!
She'll never forget the night her Aunt made everything better! :)
Thanks Heather. "There are the best ... OF TIMES!"
Never thought about it, but that is actually a pretty good song.
I almost peed my pants when I read Adam's comment about you having a kid that age! :) Tee Hee.
Joking aside, I wanted to cry when I read the prom night story. You're awesome. We're all very lucky to have you as a friend/wife/aunt/daughter/mother, etc etc etc!!
You are an awesome aunt!
That's awesome that you are the "cool" aunt. I have some nieces and nephews but I haven't done anything cool enough to get that title. I do, however, have a very cool aunt who is an actress/private investigator in New York.
Post a Comment