Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Some Like It Hot!

I came across a new marinade a few days ago. Thought I'd post in case someone might be interested. When I made this up tonight the aroma was SO good. The fresh lime juice, cilantro and garlic smelled so tasty!! I'll grill my steaks tomorrow, and let you know how they turned out, but wanted to share the recipe tonight. It called for T-Bones, but I'm using some beautiful cuts of KC Strip. Wish me luck.

So here ya go...
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup Dijon mustard ( I used a little less)
1 tbsp mined canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 tbsp adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
6 cloves of garlic, minced (I only used four)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground allspice (I used a little less)
1/2 tsp. black pepper (I used more)

It's grilling time so I figured I'd post a little recipe.
Back to the 50's tomorrow. BLAH! Oh well, I'll be grilling up some steaks anyway.

***Update***
The steaks kicked some serious butt!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how did it turn out? It looks good! We are grilling steaks this weekend, Might have to try this.

Country Girl said...

yeah, this stupid weather. last night i was sitting in the grass feeding hay to horses, and lovin' on 'em. tonight... brrrr....

Linda said...

Okay, your steaks kicked some serious butt, but so did my margaritas!

Heather rules said...

I'm glad the margaritas help you out!! You needed that. Crappy days suck!

El Bee said...

I don't want to hear it! Your last one was last Wednesday!! Freak. Your just one day up on me.